Sunday, 17 June 2012
Vintage in blue
I've been on a bit of a blue kick lately. It's not a colour I've ever really sewn with or worn much before, but lately I find myself drawn to. There's already been the blue polka dot '40s dress. The two shades I'm drawn to most are bright royal blue and those lovely light turquoise blue shades that are so typically '50s. It's a colour that was fashionable right through the '50s and '60s, in everything from clothing and accesories to homewares and appliances. Blue oven, anyone?
1. Sky blue chiffon prom dress. Not something I'd ever wear, but beautiful detailing in the ruffles.
2. I'm working on my own version of the Advance 7114 illustration in the exact colour and pattern right now! I'm easily influenced by the covers, obviously.
3. Check out the gorgeously summery print of this tropical dress.
4. Did you see Britanny's new shoes? So very lovely.
5. I just love this stripy dress. Perfect for sunny days on the beach.
6. A surprisingly successful colour combination with red by Chronically Vintage.
7. I love glassware, modern or vintage, and these milk glass pieces are no exception.
8. A very beautiful sarong dress in deep sea shades.
9. Fabric that would have been perfect for number 5, now all sold out. Damn.
What colours are you loving at the minute?